For more info on News & Commissions call 270-881-6400
A CAPITOL COMMISSION !
Richard Nelson of Commonwealth Policy Center commissioned a 24x36" painting of the state's capitol in Frankfort, for his new office there. It was installed during a recent open house for the center. Prints will be available soon on this website in the LANDSCAPE category. Until then, please call the above number.
Devotional Booklets Now Available on This Website!
You can now order "His Presence" 3-wk devotional booklets on this website. Go to WORSHIP category and scroll down for this image. A price break is given for more than one. Spiral bound, clear plastic overlay covers. The bookley contains messages that accompanied pictures painted in worship services, as well as fine art pieces, whose message also fits this theme of communion with the Lord.
MAN OF PRAYER Featured in Exhibit
Man of Prayer was chosen to be included in KY Arts Council's Veteran's Project exhibit of 44 pieces. It hung in the Capitol rotunda through November, then is touring the state all of '19. Linda was one of 2 artists whose work was featured in videos made for use on Gov. Matt Bevin's Facebook page. Although hers did not post, the painting itself was selected to hang as a backdrop for the governor's signing of KY Supports Israel document. A special honor!
Prints are available in 8.5x11, $15, 11x14, $30 and 16x20, $50. Go to Spirit-Led Fine Art in GALLERY to place an order. To purchase the original for $500. contact the Kentucky Arts Council.
The entire exhibit may be viewed as a power point presentation by visiting the Kentucky Arts Council website. Artists had to be a veteran, spouse or child of a veteran. Linda's father, John S. Butts was a S Sgt. in Europe during WWII.
THE LAST PASTEL PORTRAIT '18, THE FIRST ACRYLIC OF 2019
CHALICE has entered a shift as acrylic paints and Genesis oils will now be the only choices used for portraiture. Graphite and pen and ink are ALSO possible for certain subjects.
This was Lillian, an aging 'cream puff', and companion dog who resided here in Hopkinsville. She was a delight to create, and passed away less than a month after her portrait.
To the right is Daisy, a special friend who passed away recently. Her acrylic portrait graces her owner's home as a reminder of her little life and its adorable personality.
A SPECIAL DAD
Capturing the likeness of a beloved family member is one of the highlights of commission work. Who in your family would you like to honor or remember with a special portrait?
* Paintings of homesteads,churches, and other historical architecture with special memories are also captured for generations to come.
Coloring Pages in a Set Are Now Available!
The Holy Spirit keeps pouring out. As a new opportunity, I am tracing groups of my message art paintings, to offer as coloring pages! THE CROSS --Jesus, and DOVES--the Holy Spirit are both available at The Guild Gallery, Griffin's, and Staton's. HEARTS--The Father's heart for us, will be available later this year. Ten (10) different pages are in each set, with a brief version of the message that accompanied each when they were originally created in a worship service.
SPRING QUARTER PICS AT 6TH STREET GALLERY
The wall art has changed, as well as many table items and prints. Stop by to check out the spring selections. Guild Gallery is open 11-4:30, or later for some special events. Approximately 35 artisans participate in the co-op.
CLASSES AVAILABLE MONDAYS, WORKSHOPS BY APPOINTMENT
Go to CONTACT US on the menu or call 270-881-6400 with questions about classes below. All classes include step-by-step instruction.
* PRIVATE DRAWING or PAINTING for ADULTS or YOUTH. Prices: 1 hr. @$30.adult, $20-25. youth. 2 hr. adult class $50, 3 1/2 hr. workshop $75, materials fee extra.
* Inquire about paint-on-your-own or drawing with tutorial assistance only; available for seasoned artists.
* GROUP class, APPOINTMENT ONLY at my studio, available for $20/hr. per student for detail work. All materials provided. Paint a step-by-step complete acrylic picture, 11 x 14 in about 12 hrs. of class time with group of 3-4. including beginners. Larger size or more complex subject expect 18-20 hrs. Choose length of class. Skilled artists complete pieces much faster.
* Homeschool, nursing home, or special needs groups $50/hr. for group. Materials fee or bring your own. Call 270-881-6400 to discuss.