For more info on News & Commissions call 270-881-6400
A New Year for GUILD GALLERY ART
For the first quarter of the new year, artisans have changed out their work at the Guild.
A pair of larger still lifes are for sale including "Slice of Life", a pastel piece from the last juried Pennyroyal show, plus an award-winning acrylic still life, shown here, "Rhapsody in Gold", $470.. The Guild Gallery at 108 6th Street in Hopkinsville has a large selection of one-of-a-kind gifts. Smaller paintings, prints and gift items are scattered throughout the delightful gallery. Over 35 other regional artists and craftspeople have their art, wood, jewelry, and other items for sale Tue.- Sat. 11-4:30 are our winter hours. The gallery is also open selected Mondays when an intern is present. The "Rhapsody" painting is a collection of antiques and memorabilia. Commission me to paint a heritage piece for you, using your family treasures.
MAN OF PRAYER Featured in Exhibit
Man of Prayer was chosen to be included in KY Arts Council's Veteran's Project exhibit of 44 pieces. It hung in the Capitol rotunda through November, then is touring the state all of '19. Linda was one of 2 artists whose work was featured in videos made for use on Gov. Matt Bevin's Facebook page. Although hers did not post, the painting itself was selected to hang as a backdrop for the governor's signing of KY Supports Israel document. A special honor!
Prints are available in 8.5x11, $15, 11x14, $30 and 16x20, $50. Go to Spirit-Led Fine Art in GALLERY to place an order. To purchase the original for $500. contact the Kentucky Arts Council.
The entire exhibit may be viewed as a power point presentation by visiting the Kentucky Arts Council website. Artists had to be a veteran, spouse or child of a veteran. Linda's father, John S. Butts was a S Sgt. in Europe during WWII.
THE LAST PASTEL PORTRAIT
CHALICE has entered a shift as acrylic paints and Genesis oils will now be the only choices used for portraiture. Graphite and pen and ink are possible for certain black & white subjects.
This was Lillian, an aging 'cream puff', and companion dog who resided here in Hopkinsville. She was a delight to create, and passed away less than a month after her portrait.
A SPECIAL DAD
Capturing the likeness of a beloved family member is one of the highlights of commission work. Who in your family would you like to honor or remember with a special portrait?
* Paintings of homesteads,churches, and other historical architecture with special memories are also captured for generations to come.
Coloring Pages in a Set Are Now Available!
The Holy Spirit keeps pouring out. As a new opportunity, I am tracing groups of my message art paintings, to offer as coloring pages! THE CROSS --Jesus, and DOVES--the Holy Spirit are both available at The Guild Gallery, Griffin's, and Staton's. HEARTS--The Father's heart for us, will be available later this year. Ten (10) different pages are in each set, with a brief version of the message that accompanied each when they were originally created in a worship service.
CLASSES AVAILABLE MONDAYS, WORKSHOPS BY APPOINTMENT
Go to CONTACT US on the menu or call 270-881-6400 with questions about classes below. All classes include step-by-step instruction.
* PRIVATE DRAWING or PAINTING for ADULTS or YOUTH. Prices: 1 hr. @$30.adult, $20-25. youth. 2 hr. adult class $50, 3 1/2 hr. workshop $75, materials fee extra.
* Inquire about paint-on-your-own or drawing with tutorial assistance only; available for seasoned artists.
* GROUP class, APPOINTMENT ONLY at my studio, available for $20/hr. per student for detail work. All materials provided. Paint a step-by-step complete acrylic picture, 11 x 14 in about 12 hrs. of class time with group of 3-4. including beginners. Larger size or more complex subject expect 18-20 hrs. Choose length of class. Skilled artists complete pieces much faster.
* Homeschool, nursing home, or special needs groups $50/hr. for group. Materials fee or bring your own. Call 270-881-6400 to discuss.